TAMIL NADU FOREST UNIFORMED SERVICES RECRUITMENT COMMITTEE (TNFUSRC)
ESTABLISHMENT OF TNFUSRC: In G.O.(Ms.) No. 157 E&F (FR-2) Department, dated 29.6.2012 orders were issued for constituting TNFUSRC to recruit Forester, Forest Guard, Forest Guard with Driving Licence and Forest Watcher in the Forest Department / ARC / TANTEA / TAFCORN by Direct Recruitment. The recruitment procedures / modalities were issued in G.O.Ms.No.187, Environment & Forests (FR-2) Department, dated 19.11.2013.
In the first instance, 181 candidates have been provisionally selected for the posts of Forester / Field Assistant in Forest Department, ARC and TAFCORN were filled up.
- Notification : 06.10.2018 for 1178 posts of front line staff.
- 300 Foresters
- 726 Forest Guards
- 152 Forest Guard with Driving Licence
- The online examination: 06.12.2018 to 11.12.2018.
- The Question Answer challenge was made available online.
The post examination procedures: Certificate Verification (CV), Physical Standards Verification (PSV), Endurance Test (ET) and Personality Test (PT) : January 2019 and February 2019.
- The final result - Forest Guard and Forest Guard with Driving Licence : 27th February 2019.
- The Hon’ble Chief Minister on 04.03.2019 distributed allotment orders to 10 provisionally selected candidates.
- Despite severe constraints, in an pioneering effort, the Direct Recruitment to 1178 posts was accomplished in record time of 2½ months for the post of Forest Guard and about 4 months for the post of Forester.
- (The final result for the post of Forester was published on 16th April 2019 after conclusion of court case in Madurai Bench of Chennai High Court and after getting clearance from the Election Commission.)
Salient features – The firsts
1. The number :
- Applications received - 3.48 lakh
- Eligible applications - 2.2 lakh
- Online Examination taken by - 1.5 lakh candidates
- No. of Examination centers - 150 centers across Tamil Nadu.
It is for the first time in Tamil Nadu that online examination of such magnitude was ever conducted by any Recruiting Agency.
2. It is for the first time in the history of Tamil Nadu Forest Department that provision for entry of Transgender candidates was made available.
3. It is for the first time in Tamil Nadu / India that Endurance Test has been conducted by adoption of RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) technique with precision / instant result with virtually no human intervention.
4. It is for the first time in Tamil Nadu that Question Answer challenge was made available in online mode by any Recruiting Agency.
5. It is for the first time that any recruiting agency in Tamil Nadu had enabled viewing of full Question Paper with response given by the candidate and the correct answer as per answer key.
6. The online examination was conducted on 6 days (4 days for the post of Forester and 2 days for the post of Forest Guard and Forest Guard with Driving Licence). Therefore it is for the first time that in Tamil Nadu that any recruiting agency successfully conducted online examination in multiple sessions.
7. In view of multiple sessions aforesaid, it is for the first time in Tamil Nadu that any recruiting agency has successfully adopted normalization method and published the final result.
8. The unique feature of admit cards issued by TNFUSRC has been that the admit cards were initially issued with name of the District alone. (The name of examination center was communicated to the candidates 3 days before the date of examination through Email and SMS to avoid any possible nexus with examination centers etc.)
9. The allotment of candidates to Interview Boards was not prefixed / pre-determined by TNFUSRC.
- The allotment was done through a lot system captured on video for a batch of every 6 candidates.
- The Interview Boards had one member from outside Department with the objective of 3rd party audit.
- The personality test was captured live through twin cameras.
10. The Question Papers (12 papers in all) for the online examinations were generated using Question Paper tool software.
- The question paper (encrypted) for each of the session was generated and uploaded barely an hour before commencement of online examination. (VPN -256 bit)
- The key for encrypted question paper was released 15 minutes before commencement of examination.
- About 30,000 candidates took the online examination per session. There were 30,000 unique question papers (same set of questions with 30,000 combinations including jumbling of options)
11. The online examination has saved over 3 Crores number of paper and related printing cost beginning from Application & Information Brochure to Intimation of final results. (It amounts to around 5000 trees and 10 to 15 years of effort in raising in these 5000 trees. Hence, the nomenclature ‘GREEN RECRUITMENT’ for this endeavor.)
12. Buoyed by the success of TNFUSRC, several Government departments in Tamil Nadu (TNeGA/ TRB etc) have since adopted “Online Examination” mode.
|Computer Based Online Examinations||Certificate Verification|
|Physical Standards Verification||Endurance Test|
Current Recruitment: Presently recruitment process of 564 Forest Watchers is going on. It was notified on 7th March 2019. Online application process has been completed on 10th of August,2019. Online examination is scheduled on 4th, 5th and 6th of October,2019. Around 2.05 Lakh candidates have applied.
Total Visitors - from 01 - 04 - 2017 / Last Update On 29 - 05 - 2018